First and foremost Vaastu Shastra is not a religion but a science. The
philosophy and concept of Vaastu Shastra has more to do with complex mathematical
calculations along with the energy lines of the earth. Faith is not a
pre-requisite to success. Instead effective creation of energy and positive
vibration flows of balance and harmony are required.
Vaastu Shastra is based on precepts laid down thousands of years ago in
the Indian classics like the Puranas and Vedas. It concerns the order -
the harmony of heaven and earth and ways in which we as humans can keep
the balance of humans intact.
While buying a site:
- Select a site where the land is fertile and not dry and rocky.
- Avoid water logged land or a site at the end of a road.
- Avoid land too close to graveyards, cemeteries, crematoria or hospitals
- The main door should never directly face a church, temple or cemetery.
- The door formula states that the number of doors inside should be
in even numbers and not in odd numbers. They should not end in zero.
There should be an odd number of doors in line.
- When doors face each other, make sure they face each other directly.
- A staircase should never begin in front of the main door nor end directly in front of a upstairs door.
- Staircases should ideally be curved gently rather than straight.
- Spiral staircases are not auspicious.
- The land for an industry as advised by our Ancient Masters should not be where the air is state, where plants cannot flourish, where soil is dry and lifeless, where surroundings are harsh and threatening and where shapes of hills are sharp and pointed.
- The main shed or building to be constructed in the south west sector of the entire land leaving more space in the north and east direction and less space in the south west direction.
- The overhead water tank should be located in the north east sector.
Vaastu should be looked upon as a science and ancient wisdom that
has survived through centuries.
- The raw material should be stored in the western area and the finished goods in the North West sector.
- Just a few of the basic principles of Vaastu Shastra have been touched
on. There is a lot more to be studied and understood in detail for the
best results. This may be further discussed if required. Do remember
that Vaastu Shastra is not magic. It does not have instant results.
It is necessary to be patient and allow time for the positive energy
and currents from the cosmos to enter the home or office and industry
and await harmony and balance.